Thursday, August 24, 2006

Typical Days

I guess today is a typical day. I think maybe the water is turned off for
atypical reasons. Maybe someone is having a repair done.

Today I've studied for about an hour already. I've been learning an
exciting set of words today. Cleaning words, such as dust, vacuum cleaner
(dust sucker), mop, to mop, etc. So while I'm cleaning the apartment today,
I'll be able to practice these words.

I've also read the Word already today and it's so great! Everything seems
so applicable here. Reading Acts rocks because it's all about the first M
journeys, which is exactly what I'm doing.

I'll then be purchasing an internet card. Turns out that I use about 100MB
a week - if this week is a normal week. I think that talking through the
computer is GREAT, but it uses a lot of megabytes and here you pay for what
you use. Which in a way is a great system, but for those of us using the
internet for calling home and conducting our work... it's a bigger expense.

Then it's off to the market to pick up a few things. It really seems like
it's better to buy food at the market for the most part as it's SO much less
expensive. A loaf of bread was 9 rubles (remember 26 rubles to the dollar)!
So almost 3 loaves of freshly baked, delicious bread for a dollar.

Then I'm off to the Cultural Education Center (CEC), that's our home base
turn check out a few books to read on my Visa trip to Estonia. I'm trying to
read one book in English and Russian, but it's really hard!

I'm hoping for another long walk today as I feel SO wonderful and healthy
when I do this. It's good to concentrate on physical health as I'm
constantly being reminded here. Eat garlic! It's useful for health! ;)

Then I'll study some more Russian and if the water is back on, it's time to
do some laundry (by hand) and mop the floors). Oh, and a shower of course!

No comments: