Friday, August 11, 2006

Pictures

Stationary Again: In the Village

Hours Hiked: 0
Skill achieved: shelling sunflower seeds

Today was mostly a very calm day. We got to sleep in, rest and recuperate from the first 5 days of hiking. Highlights from today include:

incredible and beautiful sunshine, views like I’ve never experienced – it looks like paradise here.

I practice what seems like a lifelong skill for all Russians… shelling and eating sunflower seeds.

I spent HOURS reading the Book and pr-ying. (Isa 40:31 had a special impact for me) As I was reading it - no joking - and eagle was soaring




Potatoes. Can I tell you how delicious potatoes are? Worthy of drool.

We're headed back into the mountains tomorrow. We found out today that Andrusha broke his ankle hiking yesterday. Lyosha's foot is okay, just sore.

Did I mention the chafing? Being wet all day yesterday and hiking through the mountains doesn't go so well with skin... So there's some serious chafing on my left thigh. It hurts too. PTL that I have A&D ointment with me.

No comments: