Monday, August 14, 2006

And Back Again

Pictures
Hours Hiked: 7
Hours slept: 3 or so

So, we tried to sleep 6 in a tent last night. It didn't work out so well. I was on the far side. So my face was PRESSED against the side of the tent. And it was really cold. I couldn't turn over either because there were too many of us. I started to get claustrophobic too, but then I figured out that my old gymnastic skills would come in handy and I flipped myself head to foot to make more room for my shoulders - and I slept a little.

We left early this morning to head back to our stationary camp. We took a different route back, because we didn't have a real route that we followed to the lake. We headed up the steepest path (seems like that's what we always do). And it turns out that we got up to the peak and Kostya realized we were headed in the wrong direction. So we turned away from the path and struck out down the mountain to find the other path.

Marina (the younger) turned her ankle on the way down, but turned out fine. The hike was uneventful with the exception of a waterfall that we saw on the way home.

No comments: