Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Friends in Russia!

I’m so excited!! I just got off the phone (a 7 minute conversation no less) with Sasha! He’s Zhanna’s husband and a fellow computer geek at heart. He works for the regional state government as a computer dude and he helped me get connected today with Russian keyboard stickers for my laptop! He called to see if everything was working out ok and to give me some advice about leaving the apartment for a few days. He walks by my building on the way to work and he wanted to make sure that I securely closed my balcony window as it’s not safe to leave it open while I’m away. Incredible. It was so fun to talk to him and in Russian! Sometimes I don’t understand everything, but he explained it a different way and I got it!

Such blessings abound!! I’m excited about the possibility of a friendship with him. He’s the one who recommended and helped me get connected with high speed internet too. It should be connected here at my flat within 10 days! It’s so wonderful.

1 comment:

Pam Markley said...

If it makes you feel better, the other day I told someone, "i want to eat you," thinking I was saying, "I would like to eat with you."

Praying for you and your langauge learning. Forge on friend!