Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Backtracking & lost

Pictures
Hours Hiked: 4
Percentage of hiking hours slid: 2.5%
Time Lost: 1.5
Falls: 0 (yay!)
Russian word learned: wind blows

Lesson: don’t nod your head when you understood 60% -- it’s NOT enough.


Yesterday was supposed to be the new toughest day of hiking. Well – it’s even harder on the way down. And because I’m carrying 1/2 of Lena’s group weight & we’re sliding down the mountain.

The day is very focused on helping Lena & we are all full of purpose behind our movements.

I hike with Marina the younger the whole morning & I suddenly realize she thinking that I’m leading her! (from behind?) and no one else is around. I’ve been following her for an hour in the wrong direction.

Prayer, prayer & prayer. We’re found. Balalaika! (It’s our group call if you’re lost or just checking in with the group across the mountains…)

No comments: