Friday, August 18, 2006

Leaking Pipes, Toilets and Roaches

Welcome home! By the amazing providence of G-d, there was a basin sitting on the bathroom floor directly under the spot where one of my pipes started leaking while I was gone for two weeks! Yes!

The toilet seat broke off when I, well, sat down on it. And that’s a real joy. Y’all will be really proud of me – I actually figured out how to remove the remaining pieces all by my self and I plan to buy a new seat and repair it first thing tomorrow. Now if I can stop the toilet leaking and the leaky pipe…

And the final quick and fun thing is that there are cockroaches in my apartment… in the kitchen… I turned on the light tonight and thought I saw movement… but then realized it was the reflection off a pan. Then it happened again… only the pan wasn’t on the counter anymore. I’ve only seen 2. But when there are 2… there are a 100.

I’ll have to figure out what passes for Roach poison here.

No comments: