Sunday, August 20, 2006

Mr Fixit?

Well, I’m not the handiest guy in the whole world as anyone in my family would attest (since most everyone in my family is a Mr Handyman genius), but I get along okay. So the toilet seat broke off the toilet. And I managed to not only remove the pieces that were all over, but I bought a new seat and managed to attach it. The saga goes like this:
  • 1 hour walk to the store where I bought the seat. (I did choose to walk instead of catch a bus).
  • 1 hour shopping about the store – I had to end up buying a universal seat, because they didn’t have one that matched the exact measurements that I took.
  • 1 hour taking the bus home and then walking from the bus stop. Ironic that walking an hour or taking the bus takes the same amount of time – but I was carrying porcelin.
  • 15 minutes attaching the seat.
    Total: 3.15 minutes. Life just takes a little longer here.

So the showerhead broke after I fixed the toilet and showered ‘cause, well, fixing the toilet – no matter how clean it is – just feels dirty. So I guess tomorrow I’ll fix that!

I also bought knobs for my closet drawers. I can’t open the drawers very well because there are NO knobs. Well, I found out why there are no knobs. The screws aren’t long enough to fit through the front of the drawer. Guess I’ll try to find longer screws the right size tomorrow too.

Dad, you’d be proud.

PS I got invited to an ev-angelist-c bike tour gathering tonight. But I went where I thought the person told me to go... but I guess I didn't know enough of the directions. :( Alas. So I'm home now and making dinner and then blogging the rest of the hiking trip

No comments: