Monday, August 28, 2006

Tallinn, Estonia: Day 1

Mostly today was a make a to do list and get it done kind of day. Tallinn is a really beautiful old city (with its old towne and new town totally intermingling). It is VERY confusing with lost of winding, swirling, where the heck am I streets. I was lost several times today. With a map.

To all my CIC staff past, present and future. You are the most wonderful beings on earth and you have counterparts in Tallinn, Estonia! There is an information center here and they speak foreign languages. I talked with one of them in Russian and another one in English. And they've got German, Italian, Spanish, Estonian (of course) Finnish and probably 7 other languages covered too.

I'm really looking forward to leisurely strolling about the towne tomorrow and really enjoying its beauty. I'll be enjoying it more after I get my invitation. But I'll just be practicing patience as much as I can.

I'm very sleepy as it's been 2 days since I've really slept more than 3 hours - so … I'm going to bed now. Yeah, it's only 9 pm.

No comments: