Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Start :: Meet the Team

Pictures

Hours of Hiking: 3.5
Gradient: steep
Russian word learned: Steep

Being a man has some good and bad perks. Macho society doesn’t totally agree with me and being that I’ve hiked a bunch I packed really light. Which means that I’m carrying double group weight.

I packed the following for 11 days:

2 pairs of pants
4 t-shirts
4 pairs of undies
4 pairs of socks
2 long sleeve shirts
1 pair of long underwear
1 jacket
Boots
Sandles
Sleeping bag
Bible
Devotional (Daily Light)
Um… and the toiletries

So my bag has extra space which is now filled with more team supplies. I feel like a mule, but my spirits are great. Hiking is really good time for prayers. It’s so beautiful here.

Meet the team:

Kostya – team leader, stud, but somewhat absent minded
Lyosha – the ‘king’
Katya – the ‘queen bee’

The Court
Andrusha – (1/2 of the brother sister pair that we have)
Natasha – (court princess)
Marina – the ‘quiet, sweet’ one
Peytya – the ‘nerd’ (seriously -10 vision, but doesn’t wear the glasses)

Sonya – the youngest (only 13) who wants to be 30
Marina – the ‘elder’ – the team nurse
Sasha (the guy) – my fellow Tyumenian.
Lena – the ‘helpful’ one
Sasha (the gal) – team philosopher (and the other 1/2 of the brother sister pair)
Oh, and me – I’m the foreigner

No comments: