Sunday, August 13, 2006

To the Lake

Hours Hiked: 6

Russian Word Learned: helicopter

Today we actually achieve our end goal! We see the lake!! It's very exciting. It is a beautiful sight to behold… a lake at the foot of the mountains. Gorgeous. We left so early this morning that we arrived at our campsite by lunchtime! We actually cooked lunch today! Yes! That's right, a meal in the middle of the day. I wasn't even really hungry. I took a nap in the sun and let my feet air out. And I bathed in the lake too. Freezing cold, but it's delectable to feel clean.

We are only 6 at this point in time. Katia and Natasha stayed behind with the bulk of our things. It was really incredible to hike with just a few items in my rucksack. It was so light having 15 lbs that I forgot I had a pack!

We saw a few helicopters out and about today. They were doing rescue reaches for lost hikers. That's how I learned the word for helicopter.

No comments: