Sunday, September 24, 2006

Washing Machine Part II

Spring Freshness is the smell permeating the air of my apartment! Yes, that's right. Snuggles the bear has visited, and my washing machine is working! Sasha stopped by again tonight for 3 more hours of work and I know have 3 rooms in the house with grounded plugs (the bathroom, kitchen and study!) Woo-hoo.

I've already washed two loads of laundry and the fresh smell is every where. The washer is so CUTE you won't believe it!

I just took pictures, but it's a little hard to get good perspective. The bathroom is too small to really get a good shot. Here's the scoop: it's not even waist high. It can clean 3 kilograms of laundry at a pop and the cycle takes about 1:45 to run through. But the clothes come out nearly clean (it spins at 700 rotations a minute!) So My clothes will be dry overnight instead of taking several days!

I'm really so excited I could dance. It used to take me 5 hours to get all my laundry done and wringing it out by hand was so tiresome! I have a new appreciation for hard work though, that's for sure!

I really had a good time helping Sasha install the washer and I learned a LOT of new Russian words… who knew that I'd know how to say hammer drill or screw driver, or wire or conduit? I really only recognize them when someone else says them right now, but eventually they will be mine!

SIDE NOTE: yesterday when I was talking with Sasha, I said the word 'yesterday' in English while I was speaking Russian… with a Russian accent! Isn't that funny? I had a really good laugh about it!

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

soldering gun is my most recent "very useful everyday word"

:)