Friday, September 15, 2006

Circus Clown

The twists and turns of my life keep on their typical pattern. I am NOT complaining, just amazed at how full and interesting my life can be.

I was supposed to meet a friend of a friend of Amy's (it's fun in Russian this is really cool, but lots of grammar involved: подруга подруги Эми). We discussed meeting between 4 and 4:20. So of course, it was Rush Hour on the subway and I arrived at 4:22. So I missed her. So I decided to make the best of the situation and pulled out my trusting, shiny map. I found my location and looked to see what was nearby. The St. Petersburg circus. Sweet. I was so exhausted at that point - sitting and being entertained sounded great!

Unfortunately, it had already started. And there were no tickets available. I started to walk away - and then I thought to ask again… the Russian way. Were there any possibilities? She directed me to the woman at the entrance. 100 Rubles later ($4) I was in the door. It was almost intermission, and I got seated in the 3rd row - almost dead center.

There were two acts to start the second half and I'm always impressed and the physical prowess of the acrobats! And the clowns are so funny! I kinda get weirded out by the animal acts (although for some reason not elephants). Anyway - the third act of the second half was a clown number. He started picking people out of the audience and suddenly - I'm in a costume and part of the circus! My life is so crazy - sometimes I can't even believe what I've experienced! I was a circus clown in St. Petersburg. That's gotta be a chapter of my life story someday.

No comments: