Saturday, September 02, 2006

Galatians 1:10

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Wow. This verse just kicked my fanny. As a lifelong extrovert and people pleaser, this threw me for a loop. I'm going to be thinking about this all day I'm sure. I think perhaps that I am still too much of a people pleaser - is this the inate customer service nature in me? Not that I need to be the kind of person who ticks people off either - but really thought provoking.

Nothing much happening in Estonia yesterday or today. Studying Russian grammar, reading, and doing some more prep work for teaching. I got my teaching schedule yesterday. Looks like I'll be teaching from 6:15-8:30 on Wednesday and Friday evenings. Bummer that I'm teaching in the evening right through youth group on Fridays... there must be some purpose in that...

No comments: