Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sweet 16, again? Or the One Where Jeff starts driving in Russia

Today was pretty cool. Jim and Sally have visitors from America and they wanted to see the location of our summer camp program. So we all packed into the car (5 of us) and headed off to Gurino! The part about this trip that was different from usual trips is that I DROVE! That's right, my AAA international driver's license got it's first (and second) work out today.

It was really interesting actually. The first thing that was so strange (and made me really uncomfortable) is that you don't have to wear your seat belt. So I didn't fell like I was safe. I put it on anyway and then it was much more like normal driving. The roads are okay, but in some spots you can't even believe that it's road… it's like driving through a moon crater. No automatic steering is something I haven't experienced in a while either, but then again - you get used to that quickly.

Special thanks to Dad for teaching me to drive a stick early. That, at least, was no big deal.

No comments: