Saturday, September 09, 2006

The sleep cycle of the owl: I'm officially nocturnal

I didn't realize this was starting to happen until it was in full swing, but to cope with being alone all the time, I think I’m becoming a serious night owl (сава) as my Russian friends have taught me.

You see, it's normal to be alone after 10pm at night. Sitting at your desk, reading, watching old episodes of television, practicing typing in Russian. But it's not normal to be alone from say 9am - 12pm. So my schedule has just gradually been shifting while I've been here in Estonia.

Last night it was 3 before I got into bed and it was 4 before I could sleep! So I woke up at 9am when my alarm went off and thought, I'll just nap for a few more minutes… 3 hours later it's noon and I just got up. I'm really not okay with that. Although the same number of hours will be used today for tasks and stuff - it's just too late to get up. So I'm gonna work on changing my sleep cycle back to normal.

PLUS - Tyumen is 3 hours different than Estonia so it's really like going to bed at 6 or 7am. So - I gotta switch back.

No comments: