Monday, September 04, 2006

The Third Toenail or how I screamed like a little girl

So tonight the inevitable happened. The third of the blistered toenails came off. It was actually the most painful. I banged my foot into the table of the desk while talking to Amy on the phone. It really hurt, so I pulled off my sock… and then. Well, the toenail ripped off. Luckily I was on the phone with Amy, so I had to be a man about it and I didn't whimper like a girl… but I wanted to. I just lost ANOTHER toenail. I know, it's no big deal to you runners out there - but I've never lost a whole toenail in all my life and in the past week I've lost 3! This one was the worst of the blisters too, so I guess it's not surprising that this is the one that doesn't have a developing toenail underneath it --

I'm so sorry - - how many of you are totally grossed out right now?

Well, it'll be worse once I'm back in Tyumen and I can post the photos… is it weird that part of me wants to save the toenails? No I'm not going to save them… for long. Maybe just a few days. Do you think that Estonia has a Toe-Nail Fairy who will exchange dead toenails for Russian invitations? Maybe I'll try that.

In awesome news - Sergei and Zhanna were able to get my return flight ticket cancelled. So now I'll get a partial refund on that ticket for when I have to buy a new return ticket from St. Pete's! Success!!

No comments: