Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Tale of Two Documents

Amy and I must be connected in ways unknown to us already. My visa came today. Amy found out that she's going to Africa today. I've been waiting for my visa to go back to Russia for 3 weeks. She's been waiting for her paperwork to go to Africa since April sometime. And they both came on the same day. Isn't that cool? I love how G0d does stuff like that. Her visa didn't come yet, but her organization decided that she'll just apply for a 3 month tourist visa in Kenya and wait for the work visa to come while she's there. If the work visa still doesn't come in 3 more months she'll apply for a 6 month visa

I've been reading the book of Romans (Amy and I finish it tomorrow actually) and I'm just amazing at G0d's timing on things. Paul wanted to go to Rome on his way to Spain. So what happens? He ends up in Rome. Why was that? Was the plan changed in the middle or was it Paul's plan all along and never really G0d's plan at all? I don't know. I'm not enough of a scholar on these matters to really be discussing them.

But it really got me thinking and so thankful that all throughout the 'judging' as Amy and I call it (M evaluation) and through training with MTI, they stress so much about knowing that you are called to the work and to the place where you're going. It's so nice to have the confirmation though when the actual paperwork comes in and the tickets are purchased.

So we're going to be spending 9 months on different continents and neither one in America. So strange! So put on your pr-yer caps, because I am now going to try and arrange a visit to Africa this winter to see her. I'm sure it'll be complicated, but with G0d - all things are possible.

No comments: