Saturday, March 03, 2007

Walkin' Talkin'

Today I had another awesome conversation in a series of conversations with my friend Dennis. Today we had a conversation about the differences between the following three words: destiny, fate, and calling. In Russian the words destiny and fate are the same. So it's difficult to describe the differences. I did my best. I think that destiny is usually looked upon as a positive thing and that maybe fate has a bit more of a something bad might happen flavor. Calling and destiny might have a lot of similarities in that they're both on the positive side of things. I think calling usually has some flavor of the profession or purpose you are called to: calling to be a doctor, an educator, pastor.

We also talked about life. What is its purpose, its goal. How do we seek little goals and establish them (for example right now I'm very focused on the getting married excitement). It was a great talk - I think we'll pick back up on it.

The evening's highlight came in the form of chinese food and talking with Ehud (I made the chinese as we can't buy it here).

No comments: