Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Interpreter Training

This is such an awesome experience. It's like my whole life I've been in training for this. A linguistics degree, years of leadership training and facilitation, my own personal faith journey, working as a youth volunteer, my degree in counseling - it's all coming together in one program. Even my childhood interest in reading C.S. Lewis' Narnia series is coming into play. It's really awesome being a part of this year's camp training program. There are literally moments when I feel like I could look up and I'd see the Master Chess Player Himself moving a piece into place.

No, I don't think that our lives are just some cosmic game, but I do feel that everything that we are and do is a part of a plan and that each of us exists for and with a specific purpose. It's really the most wonderful thing to know that I'm when and where I'm supposed to be at this moment and that I've been properly gifted and trained for the moment.

I feel incredible. Is this what ice cream feels like when it's tasted by a child? Or maybe what a rose feels like when it is smelled when handed from a man to a woman who love one another? I really don't know another way to describe how alive and energized I feel at this moment… I hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: