Monday, March 19, 2007

Culture and Values

At discussion club on Mondays, we spent 5 weeks talking about values. It has been such interesting and enlightening conversation. I wanted to share with you some of the information I found online, so here's a link to the top 10 differences between Russian and American culture as written by a group of students at Moscow State University. I really enjoyed this and for the most part all the Russians at D-club agreed.

Today marks the start of my birthday week. Although it is contrary to Russian tradition to celebrate your birthday early (it might not come) I started two days early to celebrate with them. Here's a picture of us having our discussion and a picture of me in the center of the circle while they danced around me and sang the Russian children's birthday song!

No comments: