Saturday, March 10, 2007

Quest for Fire

Ehud is Brazilian. This means that his palette is finely tuned to hot food. Well, Russian food isn't known for it's crazy burninating flavor. So Ehud and I have been on a quest to find really really spicy food. Yesterday I discovered some very small round spicy peppers that had been pickled… well, today I was graced with a stroke of VERY good luck. I found red chili peppers. Mmmmm.

So we made a pizza for dinner… and I chopped up a red chili pepper to top it off. Oh my! It was like an inferno in the mouth, but oh so wonderful and tasty! We have finally achieved HOT food (and with only two weeks to spare before Ehud's return to America…).

It was a really great ending to a day filled with much frustration. I'm almost out of internet, and until just a few minutes ago it hasn't been working very well today; I can't add money to my Skype account (therefore I can't call Amy), all my cards are being denied for some reason; I've been trying to fix a website for a friend and there's an administrative error; so… my mood is still good - it's just obvious that I'm supposed to be doing something else today…

No comments: