Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday is a working day

It's sorta strange that Sunday is now a working day for me. I'm adjusting to having my Sabbath on another day (ironically the Russian word for Sabbath and Saturday are the same word!)

We had a baptism today at church, our very first sprinkle baptism! It was so wonderful. One of the women from our AA program joined the church today, and I captured this really beautiful picture from the ceremony.

Another young person also joined the church today, Maksim. It was great, because he and I really connected today - and I'm hoping to be able to spend some more time talking with him and helping his faith to deepen! It's crazy how many opportunities are coming out of the woodwork and I've got 2 more months until I head back to the states! Whoa. I'm excited about all that's going on.

I also helped out Ehud today. He was here last May and stayed with some young ladies famously known in xian circles in Tyumen as the Xaxatushkis (laughing girls). It was so fun to see him so happy talking with them!

No comments: