Sunday, March 04, 2007

Guesting, student style

I spent the afternoon today as the guest of several students from English discussion club. It was really wonderful. A mix of English and Russian with idioms flying all around the table. I couldn't really keep up, but most of the meanings I did catch… with my trusty notebook, I was furiously writing.

Our topics ranged all over the place from the 7 sacraments of Russian Orthodoxy to HIV/AIDS (a long conversation about Amy's work in Africa and how it would be so wonderful to have someone here educating people -- especially drug users about the dangers), and a really interesting conversation on the memory of water. Apparently it's a famous book/movie by a Japanese guy (Masaru Emoto). One of the students is bringing me a copy in Russian to watch. Let's pr@y I understand something in it!

No comments: