Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sushi anyone? Maybe Brazilians like raw fish?

It's a small world. So I live with a Russian and a Brazilian, I hang out with Russians and Nigerians, and the woman I'm going to marry is in Kenya with a Korean American. Life is so interesting…

Ehud wanted to take me out to a nice restaurant for my birthday, so we decided on a Sushi place. He also invited Zhanna (friend, interpreter, and all around Jill-of-all-trades) and Irina (B!ble College Administrator, his Russian teacher, and friend). So we're there, having a great time, eating Miso soup, wasabi, and green tea with our raw fish friends, and we see Igor from D-club.

He comes over, gets really excited and disappears in a flash. You see, Igor is the Masseuse for the Tyumen Soccer team (of course, we say football here) and there are TWO Brazilian players on the team! So they come by and invite Ehud to come to a match. You should have seen how excited they were to speak Portuguese with Ehud. It was awesome.

Such a small world. Мир тесен. I even got a call from Amy in Kenya!

1 comment:

Ehud M. Garcia said...

Jeff, only today that I had the chance to read your blog on our Sushi Feast! Good blog... We had a great time that day, eh! Ehud.