Saturday, March 03, 2007

Darkness Falls…

(this is rated PG - I promise)

… and I find myself the lead character in a horror movie. I'm in the bathroom, in the shower… shaving. And the power goes out. It's pitch black. I start with freaking out… for a moment. And then I take mental control of myself. So I had a pretend experience as a blind man. I figured I could shave by Braille okay, and I mostly did - I'll admit that my sideburns needed some leveling out though.

So about 5 minutes later the power came back on… good thing too, because my tub isn't really the normal tub that we're used to in the us and I'm sure I'd've fallen getting out… it's I'm guessing a two and a half foot step down…In the long run, a funny experience. Just imagine it... my bathroom is about twice the footprint of a refridgerator box... So if I'd fallen, I'd've hit my head on a wall! I'm glad to have survived such a common experience as a shower.

Russia is a great adventure. Remember Helen Keller once again, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

No comments: