Sunday, February 04, 2007

What do you mean I'm preaching?!

This morning I got up really early to head to Vinzeeli to meet the family of a guy I know from camp. Turns out his father is a past0r of a small (40 people or so) ch^rch. And he had fully planned on me PREACHING the sermon. So pulling one out of my hat, I spoke for 40 minutes in front of an entire Russian audience without an interpreter. There were two aspects of this that were REALLY REALLY hard for me. The first, I don't read the Word in Russian. It's old Russian and I really really don't want to mess up something as important as the word of G0d. The second is I'm quite uncomfortable pr@ying in Russian - really for the same reason. I make a LOT less mistakes now, but I still make lots of mistakes and I don't want someone to misunderstand something as important as taking to G0d or hearing from Him, you know?

So anyway - out of no where I'm preaching. Glad that Tom always taught me to be at least a bit prepared to be in front of a group and share something significant from the Word.

So - I took a stab and shared for about 40 minutes about my life and the really incredible roll that G0d has played in it. It was such a pleasure to encourage people and let them know that not only does G0d have a plan for all of us, but He has given each of us Gifts and abilities to help us along the way. It was really a cool blessing for me to be able to share and to do it in Russian really blows my mind.

No comments: