Sunday, February 04, 2007

Men kissing?

A bit of a serious shocker for me today, and certainly unexpected. I was in another little village today and prior to the ch^rch service I was at their men's B!ble study group. At first it was the p@stor, myself and one other guy. And then four more guys arrived. And lo! they kissed in greeting. No big deal right? The French do it...

... on the LIPS!

Whoa. That's not a cultural norm for me at all. I was trying desperately to figure out what to do, are they gonna kiss me too? Big, hairy mouths with gold teeth and stinky breath! UGH!

But apparently, my scrunched up face or the fact that I'm a foreigner or the outsider was enough to escape the full greeting treatment.

I really do want to acculturate and be as Russian as I can be, but I don't want to kiss men. The things we do for Jes^s.

No comments: