Sunday, February 18, 2007

Knowing G0d's Will or the One Where Jeff Speaks in Russian with almost 30 People.

So I looked up the word circumstances this morning so I'd be ready to share a message at the local ch^rch in Troitsky (Talitsa). Turns out that was a good thing, because I did need to use it. I based my message on Henry Blackaby's book Experiencing G0d. The main theme of this book is, how can we know the will of G0d for our lives? He mentions 5 methods we should use to seek His will.
1. The B!ble
2. Pr@yer
3. H0ly Sp!rit
4. The Ch^rch (people)
5. Circumstances in our lives

I really loved going through this book and workbook with the youthgroup guys several years ago and I've recently been revisiting this topic (Knowing His Will) as Amy and I continue to discuss our future together.

So it was wonderful to have the opportunity to speak there and I was a bit nervous with Zoya there because she's an INTERPRETER at our camp program, but I really felt like I need to take the risks and chances, but get used to speaking Russian as much as possible. I made some mistakes, but the main message was clear and understood! AND the crazy cool thing is that they just finished a series about knowing His will and my message absolutely PERFECTLY fit in with what they've been talking about. AND - get this - I mentioned 1 Timothy 3:1 "Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer he desires a noble task." All about leadership. That is their NEXT topic. Isn't that cool?!

No comments: