Wednesday, February 14, 2007

открыть Америку (discover America)

I've been learning Russian idioms the past couple of Russian lessons. It's the highest form of a language when you can understand and correctly use idioms. I'm excited to be learning some, but I'm really intimidated and it's VERY difficult to remember and understand them.

This one is particularly great! Discover America. Here's the situation: I live in Siberia now. It's February. So it's winter. Someone says, "gosh, it's really cold out today." You respond, "discover America." (tell me something I didn't know already). Hahahha. I think it's so funny.

I hope you're laughing too. Are you laughing? I think I just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt (an English idiom) that I'm a big language dork. Dorks of the world unite. Jen & Kevin, am I a dork or a nerd? or a geek? I can't remember what this makes me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it makes you a language nerd. Dorks are more clumsy; nerds are smart. At least, that's what I think.

:) jen