Tuesday, February 13, 2007

On Being a Student


from left to right: a teacher, Vicki (from England), Kunle (from Nigeria), me, Tatiana Yemelyanovna (our professor).


We all have individual lessons with Tatiana who is really an incredible teacher. It's so interesting when we have moments when our time together overlaps. Vicki is incredible at Russian grammar and has a wonderful flowing writing style. Kunle is a complete beginner and has been here since December. I'm supposedly the most verbal of the group with a bit too much slang in my vocabulary (which is good considering the population I work with).


Tatiana tries to use competition as a means of helping both Vicki and I improve our Russian, but it doesn't really work that way for either of us. We just have different skill sets!

No comments: