Sunday, January 28, 2007

Loving others in foreign countries

First I just want to give our a HUGE shout out to whoever had the initial idea for the internet. (Wasn't that Gore?) Anyway, I love the fact that I can communicate back home and it makes living so far away that much easier. There is SO much technology that we truly can stay connected. Certainly extra effort is required, but even heroic efforts are sometimes not enough.

For example. I've spent the last 34 minutes on repeat speed dial to Kenya. I can't get through. Amy and I planned a phone date and there's almost never a technical connection problem as much as there is a scheduling issue. So now that we've got a time booked, I can't get through! UGH!

Is this some crazy test? If so, I think I'm failing (I'm a bit sleep deprived and thus a bit crankier than usual). I had an hour for this conversation and now 40 minutes is gone and I have a meeting ... sad.

Thanks for letting me vent. Pr@y for a connection from Russian via internet to Kenyan cellular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can relate. here's hoping you got through.
:)

Anonymous said...

i can relate. here's hoping you got through.
:)