Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am Dead but I forgot to Fall.

This is a Brazilian phrase that Ehud used last night. He was so tired, we were all so tired. I just don't have the excuse of being jet lagged. My only excuse is that I'm just tired.

Ehud is my roommate for the next 3 months. He's a Brazilian Native, but is also a US citizen (he's lived in the US for 20+ years). He's here working with us at H0ly Trinity Ch^rch to help establish several of the leaders here, so that we can start a search for a new past0r. He's really amazing, insightful, incredibly intelligent and FUNNY! I'm really looking forward to the next three months… although the past 5 weeks have been INUNDATED with entirely too much English. I really need to get re-immersed into Russian.

I think I'll do some jump start work on that RIGHT NOW. I'm desperately trying to read a short story by Pushkin. Something like: The Lady Peasant, maybe? I look up about 40 words per paragraph (they are LONG paragraphs at least!) My vocabulary is expanding.

No comments: