Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Adventures of a Russian M or Plumber anyone?

Sometimes living in another country is SO cool. Sometimes not. Today my water was shut off, and the heat. Now we have heat and water again. In fact, it's SCALDING. And the kitchen faucet is broken. Literally, the threads to the faucet ripped off! There was water spraying everywhere. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get it fixed too. It's still the New Year Holiday here - so I'm rationing water for the tea kettle! LOL. I love my tea now… by the way - after Kenya, I'm really fond of milk in my tea in the British style. Quite tasty.

Now it's off to market for some supplies. We're having a going away dinner for Vladimir today and I'm in charge or making the Russian salad. (carrot and garlic… mmm mmm good.)

No comments: