Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm not dead!

Hey all - sorry I've been absent from the online world for the last week. B!ble college is in session again for us. And I'm REALLY enjoying the classes, but I'm swamped. Here's a quick update on my life.

#1 I am working on about 3 or 4 blog posts about things going on here. Especially the visit from an orthodox pr!est who is really taking a reformed stance on the G0spel. Interesting.

#2 The B!ble college is fully underway already in our second week. We're studying leadership and new ch^rch development. The leadership class is PHENOMINAL and I'm really enjoying all that I'm learning

#3 Went to the symphony here in town last night (Sun) and it was wonderful. And for less than $4 how can you pass up the symphony? I just don't know. So we went. It was incredible because it was a celebration of religious music that had previously been forbidden here in Russia. I especially enjoyed Handel's Allelujiah chorus (even the second time for the encore). Amazing voices too!

#4 I've got a regular reality tv show happening at my place right now. A Brazillian national, who is now an American citizen as my roommate (the food!), an American past0r and his talented wife, a Russian, and myself. It's seriously been really fun, but with only one bathroom, we're enjoying a shower schedule. I've been baking and cooking and hosting and being a student and preparing to teach classes.... and and and....

going to sleep now! Thanks for your patience

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jeff, thanks for including your blog address with your message this morning. Thanks, also, for being host to Don and Diedre. Many (at least 83 that I know and I'm sure more) got her almost daily updates of their stay in Tyumen. She was able to e-mail more frequently because of access to your computer. Know that Glenda and I remember you and the others regularly in prayer and we, now, look forward to your Blog updates.

Ronald Davis (RED)