Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tea Masala and the Maasai Market

Another busy day in Kenya! We headed out to shop for curtains today & enjoyed the morning with Amy's teammate Helen. We had lunch at an Ethiopian place with Joe, Amy's team leader. After lunch we did some more curtain shopping for Amy's house and saw a MOVIE (the Nativity Story)

Today I discovered my next favorite thing from Kenya: Tea Masala. Masala is the Swahili word for spice. This is a spice that 'kicks' tea up a notch. It's so good! I highly recommend it, although I'm not sure where you can buy it in the States.

I actually have no idea if it's really Kenyan or African, or from India - but it's delicious!

We went shopping at the Maasai market today. I found a few knickknacks to remember the trip here and buy a few gifts. We accidentally overstayed our time here in Nairobi today, so we ended up staying with friends from MTI!

No comments: