Monday, December 11, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Interesting how the last leg of my journey to Kenya is turning out. The movie was supposed to be Scoop, but ended up being the Devil Wears Prada.

I laughed, I was disappointed and now I'm reflecting.

There was honestly some good humor. I really hated how Ann Hathaway's character had casual sex when she really was in love with another man. And then it was glossed over and not processed by the characters.

But I'm thinking more about image and popularity which is the intended message of the film.

It's a 1988 flashback in Munich, Germany. Basically our entire German class went on the tour of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Turns out my German skills were in demand and the popular crowd invited me to come along. Of course, I didn't know why I was invited. I naively thought maybe my charming personality and wit had something to do with it. Turns out, I was just a sell out with the rest.

Luckily I figured it out before the day was half over - but making good with my friends was tough… but worth it to be true to my friends.

No comments: