Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I arrived earlier today & waited until the fourth to the last bag off the plane to exit baggage claim. My bag was one of the first on because it was a transfer and I had a layover in Qatar.

Amy and Helen were there waiting. I had this big grin on my fact that I couldn't remove. It was glued on! What a sight for sore eyes! She's so beautiful and I couldn’t wait to give her a hug!

Africa - Kenya is SO beautiful. I immediately fell in love with the landscape. It's so GREEN! And 75 degrees. The first animal I saw here - giraffes! They're the first ones that Amy has seen so far. Isn't that amazing? (Giraffe's are a bit special to Amy and I - so it was really cool). I'm also in love with Acacia trees. They are SO cool. I hope I get to see a baobab tree too.

We're staying at a place called the Mennonite Guesthouse in Nairobi. It's beautiful here. Like a small oasis. It actually feels more tropical to me than anything else - the sun is out (it's 9:30am) and everything is alive and green!

No comments: