Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lunch with the Professor's family!

That's right. Today I spent the early afternoon at my professor's apartment. Vicki, who is a British woman who also studies with Tatiana, was also there. It was really nice because we got to meet Tatiana's husband and younger daughter. Her son lives in another city, so he wasn't there. It was a downright groovy celebration. Food enough for me to feel nearly sick after eating.


Russians know how to be hospitable, I can't even describe how it feels. When you first meet someone, you're definitely on the outside. But once you're invited into their home, it's just this side of use my toothbrush. And you could probably share the same towel and they wouldn't be incredibly upset.

Anyway - we had a lovely talk and enjoyed each others' company.

No comments: