Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Qatar Airlines and the 14 hour layover

Well, it's been a rough day so far. Amy and I parted ways for another 5 months until we're runited in America. It was awful especially because Amy couldn't even come into the airport with me in Nairobi because of heightened security measures! So we had to say goodbye almost 2 hours earlier than we expected.

The 5 hour flight to Qatar was okay - I was pretty miserable - I've never cried going through security before. I wonder what they were thinking as I tried to hold myself together. Man, it was really hard to leave.

Now I'm in Qatar in the capitol city of Doha. Turns out that the airline put me up in a 4 Star hotel because my layover is so long. It's kinda nice. They're even providing the meals! This is so great. I did a bit of exploring, but I'm really in the city center and I don't want to exchange money to take a bus. So - I took a trip by foot around.

It might be really nice to be a man living in a middle eastern culture. Their clothes look SO comfortable. It's like wearing pajamas all day!

No comments: