Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shots, Immunizations, Pills, Medical Certificates, Plane tickets, and High Hopes

Okay, well I've already had my medical consultation here in Russia for my trip to Africa. Yes, Katrina (my good friend who has a PhD in Public health for those who don't know her) it was a scary sight to see the location where we went AND to listen to her tales of woe and how I could be close to death from the immunizations alone. I purchased anti-malaria pills (larium for those friends who are in Africa and know about the brands) and I start taking them this week. Tomorrow I get my yellow fever shot (and by a thermometer to measure and make sure I don't actually contract the disease! Lol). So your thoughts and pr@yers will be appreciated as I don't want to get sick.

I'm getting REALLY excited about my trip to Africa and it's really really seeming to be very real finally. I leave in less than 3 weeks! It's really real. Once I get the shot tomorrow, there's no stopping the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh have a great trip, my boyfriend turned fiance just left Slovakia after a week visit, so i know how excited you must be. Tell Amy I said Hi. enjoy every minute.