Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Life full of people or specific requests for pr@yer

Igor (sounds like eager) came to church with me today. That was awesome. It was good to see him after not seeing him for 3 weeks. We also had lunch together today. He's really been very bored lately, because all he does is school and he's trying to figure out a hobby or something. It's really hard to go against the flow here and not be overly involved in drinking, smoking, and other cruddy stuff (fill in blanks as you like) and he's really giving it a go. If you would just pr@y that he'd be able to continue in the right direction and that I'd be able to help him along, that would be awesome.

Dennis (sounds like Denise) is my new buddy who I met through our Monday evening English Discussion club. He's great. He's quite the philosopher, so our conversations are interesting, but really difficult for me. We speak mostly in Russian and not English - so the philosophical conversations are really interesting, but difficult. I'm having dinner with him this coming week, plus discussion club (we're talking about the differences in American / Russian Culture - - should be interesting). Thanks for your pr@yers.

Zhenya (short form of Eugene) is one of my students. He's studying in a special group of students who are entered in an English Olympic competition at our University. He's probably the best student as far as natural talent is concerned, but he doesn't always apply himself. We haven't had any kind of personal conversation - but this coming Wednesday I'm tutoring him 1-on-1 for an hour, so I'm hoping for an interesting conversation.

Tatiana is my Russian teacher. She's really a very good instructor and is constantly worrying about whether or not Russians are treating me well. She's afraid that someone is going to try and take advantage of me, because I'm a hopeless optimist and I see the world through rose colored glasses. She keeps mentioning how I'm a unique person and there's something different about me.

No comments: