Saturday, November 04, 2006

Attack Of The Attack Puppies Or The One Where Jeff Nearly Wets Himself.

So today I was meeting Sasha and Zhanna for a walk to a new store that's opening up on the other side of the river. I was waiting for them on the corner, so I took a seat on a concrete bench to wait.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dog lunging at me! So I jumped up (about a meter!) and then turned to face my attacker head on…The tail wagging was so severe I realized that I might need a real weapon to respond to this level of aggressive affection…

It was a puppy in the midst of a pack of street dogs. The other dogs didn't take all that kindly to my sudden movement, but after I backed away a bit, they ignored me. (phew)

Then they proceeded to go to the cross walk, wait for the green light (seriously - I think they were waiting for a break in traffic, but it looked like they were waiting for the light. And then they crossed… with the puppy following the pack running amidst the cars looking like a little kid stomping puddles on a rainy day.

No comments: