Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Making Borsch or Jeff learns how to Create Another Russian Favorite

Today I learned how to make borsch. The first thing that I learned is that it isn't Russian, but Ukrainian. So that was an interesting piece of info for me. The second really interesting fact about borsch is that it has far more potatoes, cabbage and carrots than it does beets. (for those of you who don't know - Borsch is Beet Soup). One of the ladies at the cultural center offered to teach me how to make it and we cooked like fools for about an hour. There's even pictures this time!

After making borsch, I went with Zhanna to her sister's English class at the University as a special guest to speak English. It's so great to do something so easy and really be able to help people. They were so interested in hearing my speech sounds and talking about English grammar and especial vowels. Interesting, huh?

No comments: