Monday, November 27, 2006

Chillin at Home or the One Where Jeff borrows an electric heater

Well, gang. The water saga continues. There is no heat in my apartment. There is no hot water. There is cold water. There is electricity. There is steam heat POURING out of the second entrance to my building (I'm the fourth (or the first if you count the other way... then the water is pouring out of the third)). Anyway - we're worried that it's gonna get cold because it's supposed to be -30 C tonight (-22 F). Sasha and Zhanna come through again as the heroes of the hour and provide an electric heater.

Just had a brief conversation with Jean Willaby at my home ch^rch and realized that going to Kenya will be a temperature change of 100 degrees! Wow. I hope my organism can handle it (do you like the Russian phraseology?)

No comments: