Saturday, November 04, 2006

Drunk and Unconscious on the Street or The Reality of the Alcohol Problem in Russia

Walking home last night I encountered a man lying on the sidewalk. He was missing a shoe - which ironically was the first thing I noticed and I was very concerned for him. It just seemed so odd that he would be asleep there without a shoe.

I just felt really badly about it, and decided that I would pr@y for him. I know that it's not much, but I felt like it was all I had to offer. I'm glad that the weather isn't too cold, but after some conversations today - I'm worried that people get frostbite and worse when they fall asleep, because they're either drunk or homeless… it's dangerous to be unconscious here at night.

When you're cold this winter - think of us here in Siberia and remember those who don't have homes and have problems with addiction. Pr@y for their freedom and restoration.

No comments: