Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mayonnaise, Arteries and Security

I had an awesome day today. Igor, the 20 year old that I've been meeting with for almost the whole year I've been here, called today and asked if we could hang out. Well, although it's Saturday, today is a working day, because Monday and Tuesday are national holidays here in Russia (Labor Day!) Anyway - he wanted to hang out and talk today, but I needed to keep working here at home. So he offered to come over and cook me dinner while I was finishing up! Cool, huh? He made a really delicious meal for me. I called it Igor Surprise. It was sunflower oil, mayonnaise, sliced potatoes, onion, chicken, and spices. Oh, and more mayonnaise… 250 grams of mayonnaise!! Just imagine how awesome it tasted… but I think my arteries were screaming in agony afterward…

Anyway, after dinner I suggested going out for a walk. It's what most Russians do in the evening anyway - go for a walk after dinner. As we were out walking about he asked me some questions about the persistence of s@lvation. If a xian commit a sin and don't ask for specific forgiveness before he dies (like a sudden accident), what happens? Well, thus ensued a really interesting conversation as we discussed his question. I love what I do, life is so meaningful when it has purpose.

No comments: