Friday, April 13, 2007

The Choir

My ticket to Yekaterinburg was on a normal train, so the compartment had benches that double as beds. After I waited about 40 minutes for the conductor to come with the bed linens, I finally just went in search of him so I could buy them. My eyes were grainy and I wanted to get sleeping!

So I made my bed, got all comfy, and started to listen to the choir.

Most of you probably don't know that I'm a light sleeper… a very light sleeper. Light, sound, movement - they all make sleeping hard for me, so a train is the perfect environment for insomnia. There was a man snoring loudly, a women sort of whistling, a child moaning and a baby crying. All in just by compartment! Needless to say, I only slept in 20 minute chunks for about 1.5 hours. But, as I typically take the 'my life is an adventure' approach, my mood was still great.

No comments: