Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shooting up in the Kitchen or the One Where Jeff Gets His Flu Shot


This morning had a really interesting start. I've become a bit of a night owl since I was in Estonia and I was working until about 3am last night. Just getting stuff pulled together and around for teaching this week. At 9am this morning I heard my doorbell. So I ran to answer it. It was my best pal here in Russia, Sasha. He arrived to inform me that my flu shot had arrived and we set to work.

I have no antiseptic in my house. No alcohol (to drink or to rub), I have no iodine, I have virtually nothing. I have no cologne (sorry Amy - what kind of man am I anyway?) So we used eyeglass cleaner… I have no idea if that's really helpful or not. But anyway - we shot up in the kitchen.

So now I've got my Russian flu vaccination. We'll see if I get the flu or not!

No comments: