Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bitter Wind or The One Where Jeff Learns How to Say Below Zero

It was -6 C this morning when I got up. And the wind is blowing. So a few Russians are starting to say that maybe winter's on the way. Starting to say! It's been snowing (gently) on and off for a couple of days already!

I like it. It's a dry cold, so it's refreshing and makes me feel alive. I definitely need to buy a different coat and some boots here. I don't think that what I have will cut it (suffice). So, I'm going to have to quest this week I think. (Oh, I learned how to say adventure this week too - I like that word a LOT. I don't like the adjective for everyday though… try this on for size: pofsyednyevniy)

Looks like I'll be shopping in the next couple of days for a 'real' coat and 'real' boots. The stuff I brought from America is literally NOT going to cut it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
This is Rico’s friend from Mass. I have heard so much about you and I got your blog address when he sent me a forward from you. I have been reading it ever since. Its cool to read about your adventures. I admire the strength it must take to do what you are doing. I hope all the best for you and it sounds like you have a strong support group that will make sure that will happen.