Tuesday, October 10, 2006

English Discussion Club or the One Where the Cat is Let Out of the Bag

We had our first English discussion club today. It was awesome! There were at least 10 people there and we got along famously. It was wonderful to know that I'm being helpful to so many people and the topic has been turning to significant matters of life without any intention on my part! It's amazing. One of my students came to the session too. I didn't realize that ALL of my students have class at the time that we've scheduled English discussion club. So he had to skip class to come! (The Russian word for skipping class is something like убежать which literally means to run away). I really enjoyed tonight.


There's only one catch. Larissa, who works at our cultural center, told the whole group that I speak Russian. And one of my students was there. And my students don’t' know that I speak any Russian… so I guess I'll be telling all my classes this week!

No comments: